If you are interested in studying different subject areas, Petnica International Summer School is ideal for you.
The aim of this program is to enable the young scientists to practice scientific research by working on their own research projects and communicate their results and ideas. Students will also have a chance to attend various theoretical lectures and laboratory exercises, learn how to use some important software packages and experience work in the field.
With a variety of subjects to offer, Petnica International gives you the opportunity to explore a range of topics and disciplines. You will attend daily lectures, and classroom sessions on a range of general topics.
You can combine different programs in order to build an individual schedule that meets your needs and interests:
- Lectures: scientific modeling, evolutionary biology, psychology of perception, graph theory with applications, cosmology…
- Working on multidisciplinary projects in: biochemistry, astrophysics, psycholinguistics, applied physics, linguistics.
- Learning how to use various software packages.
- Sport activities, excursions and social events.
Interested students should complete the student application form, write a personal statement, and provide two letters of recommendation. The personal statement should list your interests and explain why you would like to attend PI 2010, as well as anything else you think is important for us to know. All registration materials should be submitted by e-mail to
The program fee – including tuition, learning materials, accommodation, meals, admittance to the recreation center and field trips, is €500. There are no application fees. In addition, 30 percent of the total number of pupils will be funded by the organizers, and if you need financial support, do not hesitate to contact us.
Institutions that participate in and support this project
- Faculty of Sciences in Novi Sad
- Faculties of Natural Sciences and Mathematics (Faculty of Biology, Faculty of Chemistry, Faculty of Mathematics, Faculty for Physical Chemistry, Faculty of Physics)
- Institute for Biological Researches “Siniša Stanković”
- SEENET-MTP Network
For a closer look, please visit our Facebook group.
More on the web page www.pi.petnica.rs.